Risk Warnings for Jiuniu Animal Husbandry · 2018 Taiyuan International Marathon
Marathon is a high-load, intensive and long-distance competitive sport and a high-risk sport of course. It requires fitness and long-term running or exercise habit of the players. It is strongly suggested by the organizing committee of Jiuniu Animal Husbandry · 2018 Taiyuan International Marathon that all the players should receive physical examination at standard medical institutions (electrocardiographic examination included) and then conduct self-assessment. You can sign up for one event among full marathon, half marathon, mini marathon and mini family marathon after you confirm your body condition is fit for long-distance running.
I. Those who meet any of the following items are not allowed to attend the competition:
1. Congenital heart disease or rheumatic heart disease;
2. High blood pressure or cerebrovascular disease;
3. Myocarditis or other heart diseases;
4. Coronary artery disease or severe arrhythmia;
5. Diabetes featuring too high or too low blood glucose;
6. Catching a cold within two weeks before the competition day;
7. Pregnant woman;
8. Any other diseases that sports are not suitable for.
II. The player should take responsibility for any personal injury or property loss caused by his physical condition or other individual factors. It is strongly suggested by the organizing committee of Jiuniu Animal Husbandry · 2018 Taiyuan International Marathon that all the players should receive physical examination at standard medical institutions (electrocardiographic examination included) and then conduct self-assessment to confirm that personal physical condition if suitable for long-distance running.
III. Matters Needing Attention during the Competition:
1. When running for about 10-20 minutes, we will enter the first "uncomfortable" stage, which is called “the first ultimate stage”, which is a normal phenomenon in the human body. It’s easy to get rid of it—to run at low pace, regulate breath or walk for 2-3 minutes. Then you will feel much better after a while.
2. People without marathon training experience will reach the “exercise physiological limit” state after running for 30-35 minutes, including muscle pain, joint pain, severe fatigue and strong desire to give up, etc. If this kind of phenomenon happens, the players had better give up because stubborn persistence may cause death.
3. Keep your own pace and never compare with anyone else.
4. Marathon is a risky sport and may cause sudden death.
5. Have appropriate plain food for breakfast on the competition day to avoid hypoglycemia during the competition.
6. Drink small amount of water if you feel thirsty before the competition.
7. Keep calm and avoid pushing and collision for sake of your and others’ safety when the shot is fired.
8. Drink less than 200 ml of water at each water station.
9. If your shoelaces become loose during the competition, please slowly run to roadside and then gradually decelerate and stop to retie them.
10. Slow down gradually and then begin to walk and take deep breath if you have stomachache during running.
11.Immediately stop running and then walk slowly for a while until you recover if you feel dizzy during running.
12. Please be cautious about accelerating and avoid dashing when you are near the finishing line because most deaths in marathon happen near the finishing line.
13. Immediately stop running and then walk slowly if you suffer from knee pain or ankle pain. If you still cannot recover after a while, please withdraw the competition in time.
14. Constant speed is the recipe for a long-distance sport like marathon.
15. After you reach the finishing line, please walk slowly for 5 minutes, keep warm, avoid wind and ensure appropriate intake of carbohydrate.
Organizing Committee of Taiyuan Marathon Organizing Committee